Friday June 23 through Sunday June 25 at Goodale Park
Greetings! Every year, Columbus KTC presents an information booth at Comfest for what is probably our biggest outreach even of the year, and we are looking for returning and new volunteers to help make our booth a success again this year.
During a shift as a booth volunteer, you will do the following:
- Greet booth visitors and give them a brief overview of the beginner programs we offer at Columbus KTC—free Intro to Meditation and Intro to Buddhism classes every Sunday.
- Then you can just have natural conversation about meditation, Buddhism, and the center itself if booth visitors are looking to converse more.
- Offer booth guests fliers with information about our center and weekly schedule.
- Perhaps sell some of the small merchandise we will have available in the booth: incense, prayer flags, malas, books . . .
- Hang out with fellow Sangha volunteers, take breaks to go get some yummy festival food, and check out the festival yourself before or after your shift!
- We will also need some volunteers to help set-up and take down the booth at the beginning and end of the festival.
You do not have to be an expert on meditation or Buddhism to volunteer at the booth. A friendly attitude and a solid understanding and experience of Columbus KTC’s intro programs and how they have benefited you is all that is required!
Come have fun with us and help make the local community aware of all we have to offer at KTC! Sign up for a shift here or email Justin Fitch at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.